Leaving Ft. Jackson, Coming to Gregg-Adams (Ft. Lee)

 I did not write this post until 4 months AFTER my soldier boy arrived a Fort Gregg-Adams, but it needs to be recorded, so here goes.

We arrived home very, very late on Wednesday night from BCT graduation in South Carolina.  When Christian called us Thursday night, Danny and I were both napping in the living room.  It wasn't very late (around 6 or 7 PM).  The phone rang and our boy was on the other end.  He sounded tired and down and not happy.  He said it was miserable there, like an institution,  He sounded like he was about to cry.  It was all I could do to not jump in the car and drive down there to get my boy and bring him home.  We told him that he needed rest.  He'd been up almost all night, rode on a bus over 7 hours to get to the fort and was tired.  

The next afternoon, he called me at school.  I started crying even after I told myself that I wouldn't do that.  He started crying, too. I felt so bad for him.  He was missing his newly made friends.  

On Sunday, he called and seemed to be in better spirits.  He found some of the guys from boot camp had followed him to the fort.  It seemed like things are going to be ok. 

Comments